Anxiety is a burden and it can come out of nowhere. I suffer from anxiety and sometimes it can feel like your whole world is just crashing down and there is nothing you can do. Anxiety is scary but whenever I feel any type of anxiety coming on, I turn to these affirmations to get me through it. From my experience, the best way to calm down an anxiety attack is to ground yourself and affirmations are a great way to do that. Affirmations have a calming effect & can help you change any negative beliefs you may be having. They can also serve as a distraction. I pick 3 or more & continuously repeat them to myself until I start to calm down.
Here are my go-to affirmations for calming down anxiety:
1. I can make no mistakes in life, there are only lessons to be learned. I did the best I could and I will do better next time.
2. I choose to let go of the past and look forward to all of the good that awaits me.
3. I trust in the Universe and I know that it will provide me every single thing I need.
4. I am strong and I can handle anything life gives me.
5. I am more than my thoughts and feelings. They do not control me but I am in control of them.
6. My thoughts and feelings are not permanent and they do not define me.
7. I choose to look for the positive in everything because the positive is there.
8. I choose to acknowledge that the only constant in life is change, and I am prepared for it.
9. I have gotten through this before and I will get through this again.
10. This moment is only temporary and it too shall pass.
11. I choose to live only in this moment, not in the past and not in the future.
12. I have the power to make positive changes in my life at any given moment.
13. I have come so far in life and I believe in myself.
14. I forgive myself because I deserve to be forgiven.
15. I am healing, growing and learning every single day.